We’re looking for a talented user experience designer to influence the usability and design of our products as we move through the next phase of our growth, ensuring that it not only meets the evolving needs of our users and stakeholders, but delights and inspires them. You’ll own the User Experience Plan for your assigned products, detailing the research and design activities required to deliver a product that’s usable, accessible, and innovative. You’ll ensure that our products have the right information architecture to help users easily and intuitively find or navigate to the right content to achieve their goals.
If you bring us the skills and enthusiasm we need, we’ll offer you the chance to build a career with a business that’s using digital to make a difference to retailers, suppliers, and consumers.
As a Senior UX designer, you’ll:
– Collaborate closely with other UI and UX designers, content designers, and front-end developers to deliver a truly compelling experience.
– Lead and facilitate any user research, design workshops, and testing sessions.
– Use qualitative and quantitative research techniques to understand the end users of our products, their personas, priorities, goals, pain points and user journeys and use this data to inform how we build desirable and engaging products.
– Run user testing activities to improve usability, validate any assumptions we’ve made about our users and facilitate the iterative improvement of our designs and products currently in development.
– Work with visual designers and content designers to ensure that our products are aesthetically pleasing and have consistent branding, tone of voice, and look and feel.
– Design visualisations for products to ensure that our data science insights are clearly communicated and actionable for users.
– Perform heuristic evaluations and competitor products to identify good and bad usability.
To be successful as a UX designer at this company, you’ll be fascinated by people and their behaviour, designing to meet and predict their needs. We’re looking for someone who has the energy and motivation to make really great design decisions that scale. Strong people skills are essential; you’ll be working with colleagues and customers from all around the world.
You’ll be the primary user experience contact on one or more products, taking responsibility for the usability and design of features and interactions. We’ll provide you with coaching and training to help you develop and you’ll be working in a nurturing community of designers who’ll share their experience, give you space to push yourself, and allow you to make an impact from the get-go.
Who you’ll get to work with:
– Product directors and owners
– Product users
– Project managers
– Third party developers
– Front-end developers
– Third party agencies
– Full stack developers
– Data scientists
– Visual designers
– Content designers
Essential and desired skills:
– Over 3 years of professional product design experience
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, UI, UX or equivalent
– Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC, Axure RP, and Office 365
– An understanding of Marvel, Figma, Abstract
– Experience working within a highly creative, multi-discipline team
– An online portfolio to demonstrate your awesome UX process
– Proven and demonstrable exposure of enhancing the user experience, for B2B or B2C platforms
– Experience with Agile management tools (Jira)
– Knowledge of versioning tools (GIT)
– Experience of designing with front-end development in mind
– Experience of business-to-business product design