Are you looking for a role in Regulatory Affairs (European Standards)? Then scroll down
The shared European service organization provides support to the European marketing and sales subsidiaries with management and development of financial functions in the area of tax, credit insurance, treasury, product standards, SVC, SCM and legal affairs.
They are looking for the following position within the European Standards & Environment Team:
Regulatory Affairs Specialist
As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist you will be part of the European Standards & Environment Team (EST), which is responsible for ensuring compliance of all products to applicable European regulations and standards, and will be in charge of monitoring and reporting on the regulatory issues relating to Electric Magnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC-D), Low Voltage Directive (LV-D), Radio Equipment Directive (RE-D), and Machinery Directive (M-D) among other things.
The working activities will be:
- Support the European Standards & Environment Team and headquarters (HQ) in technical matters related to EMC-D/LV-D/RE-D/M-D compliance considering different legal requirements applicable to a wide range of consumer electronics products including Mobile Phones, Televisions and Monitors, Household Appliance and Heating and Cooling equipment.
- Update HQ and Business Units (BUs) product compliance and standard teams regularly on the latest development on issues relating to product safety, EMC, Radio Spectrum Efficiency, Product Interoperability and Performance requirements focusing on EU and member state legal requirements applicable to consumer electronic products.
- Work with other team members to analyse and report on regulatory trends and issues relating to cybersecurity, personal data and privacy protection and Artificial Intelligence (AI) integration focusing on their implications for consumer electronic product compliance.
Provide compliance guides and handle market surveillance issues for the company in co-operation with HQ and BU compliance and standard teams and EU sales subsidiaries;
- Participate in relevant Working Groups of European industry associations (e.g. Digital Europe, APPLiA, Mohile and Wireless Forum), standardization bodies, and EU Commission stakeholder consultations to represent company’s views and positions.
What are they looking for in you?
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist has the following knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in electrical/electronic engineering or telecommunication or interdisciplinary studies covering European law relevant to product compliance and CE marking;
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in a similar function, preferably within a relevant industry and strong technical expertise in the issues relating to at least one of the EU directives mentioned above;
- Familiarity with the EU-decision making process and how companies are influenced by the process
- Excellent analytical and communication skills that can be combined in producing clear compliance guides and position papers on complex legal/technical issues;
- Good understanding of different roles involved in the product compliance assurance processes and ability to adapt one’s approach quickly depending his or her role played in the processes
- Extensive knowledge on technical features of electronic products and latest innovation trends
- Fluent in English both verbal and written;
- Ambition to develop a career as a senior specialist and top industry expert for the company within 4-5 years
The following competencies are important:
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report on information from different sources;
- Excellent planning & organizing;
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Comfortable with multi culture environment;
- Great in team collaboration
- Out of the Box thinker;
What do they offer?
The company offers you the place to show what you are capable of in a continuous developing organization. Therefore, they are looking for proactive, determined, flexible, innovative and enthusiastic new colleagues. You will be part of a working environment that is international, passionate, innovative, We-not-I and performance orientated. They offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive range of employee benefits.
Are you interested in this position? Apply here or call us at +31 (0)20 7162747.