This function of Regional Market Insights Specialist is a European regional role is based in London. This role is primarily business partnering the Beauty, Personal Care and Homecare divisions, with additional responsibility for a number of cross-category workstreams.
The focus and key delivery is to use continuous data to develop insights and ultimately land transformational action. Underpinning this is the responsibility to ensure good quality, timely data is made available for the region through self-serve systems and regular reporting. Market Insight Lead will be responsible for insight development and delivery at a cross-country and cross-category level, working closely with agency partners to enable this.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Identifying Growth Insights & Opportunities which lead to Transformational Actions- e.g. competitive growth, market development, penetration opportunities, Portfolio Play etc.
- Working closely with regional Consumer & Market Insight teams (CMI) & Category teams to land cross-country / cross-category insights and growth opportunities.
- Leading Market Insight Pilot project(s) to pioneer new approaches or new technology.
- Develop / Embed best practice tools to enable consistent analysis at the European level.
- Working with the Regional CMI Director to lead Continuous Data Agency Partner relationships.
- Responsibility for regular monthly and quarterly deliverables.
Job Skills You Should Have
- First of all the successful candidate will need to be analytically minded, and be able to derive insights from joining together multiple data sets.
- Curiosity and strong attention to detail.
- Experience of working with continuous research data – retail tracking, consumer panel and/or brand tracking data is essential.
- Develop work which is fact-based rather than fact-filled, focusing on story-telling, recommendations and outcomes.
- A positive attitude and can-do outlook to keep the agency teams motivated and inspired to work with the team.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal are needed to work with different functions and land insights and messages in a compelling way.
- Ability to build capabilities of CMI & Business Partners, particularly through adoption of new ‘self-serve’ systems.
- Good knowledge of Nielsen, Kantar systems would be an advantage.
Experience You Should Have
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working with continuous data sources such as Nielsen, IRI Kantar or GFK.
- Working in a Market Insight function for a manufacturer or agency side such as Nielsen, IRI, GFK or Kantar is essential.
- Experience with distilling large sets of data in to compelling recommendations and outcomes.
- Building business capability in the use, understanding and leverage of continuous data for business benefit, automating it, and visualizing it to tell a story.
- Pricing analytics would be an advantage.