We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture.
A role on the Marketing Guest Insights (MGI) team means being a champion for our current and future guests, and inspiring the organization to act in their best interest. Here, you’ll lead the consumer research that helps Marketing and Merchandising seize our most valuable and important opportunities. You’ll distill relevant information into insights and implications that answer the ever-critical question: “So what?” Your influence will help spark original ideas and actionable strategies for our enterprise partners including Marketing, Merchants, Stores, Digital and others.
As a Qualitative Research Director you will lead a team of qualitative researchers in the design and execution of insights projects that address a wide range of business issues. You will conduct exploratory insights work that re-frames business problems and shapes the strategic direction. You will conduct evaluation research with guests on store design concepts and pilots to ensure we’re meeting our guests’ needs. You will design and facilitate insight immersions to build empathy for our guests and a guest-centric culture. And, you will teach and coach others in qualitative and design research applications and practices.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Exceptional human-centered qualitative researcher with over 10 years of experience in design research
- Outstanding research design skills
- Deep expertise in ethnographic research
- Highly advanced interpretation and insight frame-working abilities
- Critical thinker with deep analysis and strong synthesis skills
- Strong strategic thinker who can translate insights into actionable strategic direction
- Master communicator who can bring powerful insights and ideas to life through expertly crafted narratives and immersive experiences for Senior Leaders
- Leader of work and people
- Growth mindset – a passion for learning