What will you do?
As a Product Safety & Energy Specialist you will be part of the European Standards & Environment Team (EST), which is responsible for ensuring compliance of all products to applicable European regulations and standards, and will be in charge of monitoring and reporting on the regulatory issues relating to Medical Device Regulation (MDR), EU Accessibility Act, and Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Regulations, among other things.
• Support the European Standards & Environment Team and headquarters (HQ) in technical matters related to compliance considering different legal requirements applicable to a wide range of all products including Household Appliances, Heating and Cooling equipment, Televisions and Monitors, Mobile Phones, Medical Devices, Vehicle Components, Solar panels, and Energy Storage Systems.
• Work with other team members to analyse and report on regulatory trends and issues relating to Smart Appliances, Internet of Things (IoT), Cybersecurity & Data Protection, Electric Vehicles, Accessibility and other Emerging regulations, as well as Ecodesign and Energy Labeling, focusing on their implications for product compliance.
• Provide compliance guides and handle market surveillance issues for the BeNeLux subsidiary in co-operation with HQ and BU compliance and standard teams, EU and overseas factories, and EU sales subsidiaries;
• Participate in relevant Working Groups of European industry associations (e.g. Digital Europe, APPLiA), national standardization committees (e.g. NEN), and EU Commission stakeholder consultations to represent the company views and positions.
What do we offer you?
• A career at a global leading company which is continuously developing (never a dull moment);
• A fulltime – 40 hours per week – job;
• A competitive base salary depending on your education and experience;
• Secondary benefits like an annual performance related bonus, collective healthcare insurance and pension premium contribution;
• And of course the possibility to purchase beautiful electronic products with discount;
Who are you?
• The Product Safety & Energy Specialist has the following knowledge and experience:
• Bachelor or Master degree in electrical/electronic engineering or telecommunication or interdisciplinary studies covering European law relevant to product compliance and CE marking;
• Minimum 2-3 years working experience in a similar function, preferably within a relevant industry and strong technical expertise in the issues relating to at least one of the EU directives mentioned above;
• Familiarity with the EU-decision making process and how companies are influenced by the process
• Excellent analytical and communication skills that can be combined in producing clear compliance guides and position papers on complex legal/technical issues;
• Good understanding of different roles involved in the product compliance assurance processes and ability to adapt one’s approach quickly depending his or her role played in the processes
• Extensive knowledge on technical features of electronic products and latest innovation trends
• Fluent in English both verbal and written (knowledge of Dutch language is a plus);
• Ambition to develop a career as a senior specialist and top industry expert within 4-5 years
The following competencies are important:
• Ability to analyse, interpret and report on information from different sources;
• Excellent planning & organizing;
• Strong presentation and communication skills;
• Comfortable with multi culture environment;
• Great in team collaboration
• Out of the Box thinker;
Interested in this position?
Apply below, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +31 (0)20 7162747