Our client is looking for an entry-level Python developer with a background in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operational Research or any other quantitative field. The Marketing Technology team is passionate about data, automation, API, statistical models, technology and innovation. Working with an Agile mindset, we strive to continuously deliver value for the business and enable the marketing teams to become the best-in-class within their fields.
They are responsible for building scripts which can solve a variety of both easy and complex use cases, by handling big amounts of data and having the ability to communicate with other platforms via API or web services. For this they partner with the Marketing, Data and Analytics teams to understand the challenges we face and co-create solutions.
Your role will involve the following responsibilities:
– Interaction with API’s to both download data from and send data to third parties.
– Finding innovative ways to get and stitch together data from different sources.
– Application of machine learning for automation of tasks and processes requiring big amounts of data.
– Working together with team members from a wide range of different backgrounds to understand the challenges we face and develop solutions together.
– University degree or equivalent experience with a strong analytical focus (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operational Research, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science)
– Proficient knowledge of Python
– Solid knowledge of SQL
– Fast-moving, motivated by growth and high-performance, strong sense of ownership
– Fluent in English
Considered as a plus:
By joining this team, you will have the opportunity to learn and familiarize with the following tools and topics, though they appreciate some experience with:
– Email service providers such as Adobe Campaign, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other and integration with inhouse systems
– Familiarity with frontend languages (HTML, CSS)
– Google Adwords, Paid Search and / or Facebook Online Marketing and APIs
– Bayesian Statistics
– Machine learning and predictive analysis; TensorFlow
– Amazon Redshift or Amazon Web Services
– A competitive compensation, relocation support and lots of benefits;
– A fast-growing eCommerce environment;
– An international office in Amsterdam’s City Centre, hosting over 30 nationalities;
– A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, epic parties, sports, etc.);
– An informal, fun and driven company culture