Our client is seeking a Global Category Manager (GCM) to join the Corporate Procurement team. GCMs serve in a pivotal role, leading strategic sourcing engagements across a wide range of business units to enable new business initiatives to launch and scale rapidly. Spend categories under management include Marketing, Professional Services, Software and Technology, HR, Travel, Temp Labor, Architecture, Construction, and Facilities. Key leadership traits required include the ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders, and operational excellence in managing multiple complex and competing priorities simultaneously. Global Category Managers are expert practitioners in the tools for creating competitive environments, and have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that is having a daily impact on company success. If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company, come make history with the Corporate Procurement department.
Primary responsibilities of this role:
– Develop global sourcing strategies to deliver against business objectives for internal clients, and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
– Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis.
– Manage the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFX, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
– Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
– Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with global policies.
– Prepare and hold business reviews with stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
– 7+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience, preferably with 3 years in an Indirect Procurement function at a multinational corporation with global contracts.
– In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, benchmarking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
– Master’s Degree (MBA/MS)
– Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
– Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms. Can assess risk and concisely explain complex issues to principal business owners.
– Extremely customer-focused and takes the time to understand the needs of the business.
– Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
– Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Passionate self-starter.
Interested in this position?
Apply here or call us at +31 (0)20 7162747