The Category Planning & Analysis function leads the business to higher volume and profitability through rigorous strategies for the 5Ps (Price, Product, Program, Promotion, Place). We achieve these goals through our people, our clear processes, and our rigorous use of analytics and insights to aid decisions.
The Director, Category Insights & Analytics is the enabling cornerstone for the Consumer Category growth strategy. Leading a large team of analytic insight leaders, the Director of this team develops the overall strategic vision for the use and application of information and analytics by the other Directors and their teams in the Category team. This position also provides strategic guidance to other parts of the Consumer units with advanced category analytics and insights, most notably the President, Consumer and the senior executives on the Consumer Leadership Team. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Category Planning & Analysis, the Manager, Director, Category Insights & Analytics will be a key member of the Category Planning & Analysis Leadership team to help drive the overall strategy and operation of the Category function as a whole.
- Leads a large team of senior analytics professionals, managing their career and professional development.
- Sets and ensures team progress toward the development clear and precise analysis for Category Planners and Category Revenue Management to attain volume, revenue and profit goals.
- Directs team leaders dedicated to the development of advanced quantitative analytic solutions to understand the return on investment, volume impact and attribution of spending across Brands and Categories.
- Sets objectives, obtains leadership buy in, manages budgeted and people resources to implement and deliver actionable results. Provides consultation on strategies to the Sr. Director, Category Planning & Analysis and the Directors of Category Planning and their teams.
- Leads and manages resources developing quantitative statistical models to isolate and understand discrete effects of item-level pricing in support of the Category Revenue Management team.
- Works in partnership with the Americas Strategic Pricing team to fully leverage central tools are integrated into all analytic plans.
- Manages both the Category Intelligence and Category Advanced Analytics teams supporting Company Owned Channels, responsible for providing customer Category Insights, Advanced Analytics, Market Testing Solutions and Business reporting to aid the longer-term, innovation, pricing, distribution and promotion in order to build sales and profitability across these key company owned business units.
- Oversees investment in strategic category syndicated information from third party sources, ensuring its effective and efficient delivery across the Consumer PBU.
- Directs team resources dedicated to assisting the business in understanding competitive market share opportunities and threats based on these data.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field. MBA, MA, MS in Marketing, Mathematics or Economics.
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience in one or more of the following: data science, advanced business analytics, quantitative marketing research, media research, sales analytics, or shopper research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience leading, coaching and developing advanced analytic talent
- Experience and proficiency in multiple quantitative / statistical methodologies.
- Sound business acumen and experience in developing strategy and business-driving recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to present to various group sizes.
- Ability to work well with others and participate in multifunctional work.