Who are we?:
This company is the market leader in CE (Consumer Electronics) on the Dutch market.. The Data & Analytics department, notably composed of data scientists and business analysts, transforms daily business challenges into tangible solutions. Our aim is to systematically embed data-driven and actionable insights into all relevant processes by employing state-of the-art, scaled to purpose analytics. We drive higher quality and more efficient decision-making through (co-)delivery of technical solutions, together with the BI team and business stakeholders. Engagements can be driven from all business domains, such as: analyzing assortment depth and width to support stores and online in optimizing traffic/conversion/basket value; building market intelligence models to quickly identify shakers and movers in CE and beyond; scoping geographic segmentation models to identify opportunities for better serving various catchment areas; driving root-cause analysis into understanding dynamics behind customer churn, loyalty and lifetime value; developing models to better price promotions – it can all be in a day’s work!
The Data & Analytics team consists of two domains: ‘Advanced Analytics’ and Data Analysis’. The latter is a newly formed team, consisting of data analysts who are part of a matrix organization that primarily supports commercial teams. As such, this team forms the bridge between service provisioning from facilitating departments (e.g. BI, Advanced Analytics, etc.) and the commercial teams (e.g. Buying, Category marketing, etc.). You support commercial teams in (co-) developing the KPI steering mechanisms and analytical framework that drives their day-to-day business. Moreover, you proactively identify and communicate risks and opportunities and challenge business owners to take appropriate action. As such you are at the center of building categories within MediaMarkt and further embedding a data-driven way of working for the years to come!
Sounds like something you were born to do? Then read on, because we may be looking for you:
- You are capable to play a decisive part in two domains of the data process: building easily digestible information products as well as advising and challenging business stakeholders using insights sourced from these.
- You are equally capable to work within well-established context of pre-defined business challenges as bringing creativity to the table in exploring opportunities outside of those contexts. You’re able to see where we can further improve using (big) data and translate insights quickly to prototype solutions that scope the potential for value.
- You are constantly and obsessively looking for opportunities to learn and expand your, and, by extension, the company’s horizon. This is not only reflected by your ‘technical’ acumen, but as well in your interpersonal skills. You are persistent in finding ways to overcome challenges, either on your own or by networking to bring aboard the right set of capabilities.
- As part of a developing team, you are a driving force and anchor in embedding data-driven working in the organization. Together with likeminded colleagues, you help the company institutionalize value delivery from data. Ideally, your programming skills are up to par. You are able to not only think and discuss the ‘data/technology’, but too its practical application in an environment that will challenge your communicative bridge-building skills.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have a minimum of 2 years work experience as an analyst (or equivalent function), working with large datasets;
- have a BSc or MSc degree in the field of Econometrics, Business Economics, Computer Science or a related (beta-oriented) field;
- know about and have worked with at least three of the following tools/technologies: MS Excel, SQL, MS Power BI, Google Analytics, Big Query, Alteryx, Knime;
- experience with R, Python and Java is a plus;
- are fluent in writing and speaking Dutch and/or English;
- know how to translate ideas into tangible outcomes;
- are critical of their own work and know how to constructively review work of others;
- are self-starters, shape their environment and have a proven entrepreneurial, inquisitive mindset
- have a passion for retail.
An ambitious working culture within an engaged team of colleagues. We are proud of our short democratic decision paths, which ensure your initiatives can make a real difference. You are working in an international and truly diverse organization with the best view in central Rotterdam from our new, spacious and light-filled office on the 37th floor. There are plenty of possibilities to drive your career with our training and development courses. We are offering a competitive salary package and excellent benefits including an attractive health insurance package and the opportunity to get discount in our stores.