The Consumer Insights Manager, reporting to the Director of Market Research and Consumer Insights, will be responsible for acquiring, managing and disseminating key consumer behavior insights across our clients organization. You will manage the development and execution of numerous projects designed to support the key end use markets and customers. The role will require previous experience utilizing internal/external resources for insight generation and development of strategic plans.
This candidate must have experience utilizing both quantitative and qualitative research methods that focus on integrating the voice of the consumer (VOC) into the development of consumer preferred products. The Consumer Insights Manager will be will responsible for understanding various technology platforms and developing consumer insight based concepts and platforms across the organization and externally with key customers.
- Proven track record of utilizing primary/secondary research to develop a quantified consumer insights plan integrating the voice of consumer, market data, social media chatter and other resources.
- Identify, communicate and drive actionable insights across the organization derived from both internal and external research sources.
- Design and manage the execution of comprehensive consumer insight studies, and communicate in a persuasive manner.
- Analyze data and translate findings into meaningful insights, integrating relevant business knowledge and information from other projects to make actionable recommendations
- Leverage historic research information and develop new data to establish baseline understanding of our global and top customers, end use markets and technology platforms
- Proactively engage appropriate functions to develop a comprehensive understanding of the consumer, customer and competitor to support long term strategic development and everyday decision-making.
- Be the voice of the consumer and lead the effort to make the consumer be at the core of everything we do, integrating consumer insights throughout the entire thought process of the organization.
- Strong social media knowledge, personal presence and listening skills to translate website chatter into actionable insights that identifies and solves consumers unmet needs.
- Mining and integrating broader shopper knowledge from a variety of custom and syndicated sources to help formulate customer-specific end use market and technology plans.
Skills and Experience required
- Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited university, MBA preferred
- Passionate about life and the food and beverage industry (FMCG)
- Driven, self-starter. Thrives in a fast-paced retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work in a cross functional environment
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills – ability to understand customer’s business, brand and category dynamics and their business needs
- Experience in managing research design, both quantitative and qualitative,questionnaire development and data analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of shopper behavior and translation into actionable solutions for retailers and brands
- Expertise with key marketing research and analytics techniques to better understand behaviors and needs that uncover meaningful insights from the research and analytics – segmentation, attitude and usage studies, positioning research, customer experience research, social media research
- Experience with consumer research, data mining, and industry recognized research tools – such as Mintel, Nielsen, EuroMonitor, Spectra, trendwatching.com, etc.
- Working knowledge of statistics, SPSS and other analysis techniques
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word