As a Business Controller, you are an essential part of the company. With your experience, you know like no other how to deal with financial issues in a commercial, data-driven environment. Together with your team, you work on the continuous improvement and maintenance of processes to support the further growth of the organisation. We are looking for an all-round Business Controller who keeps the board and management team on their toes and advises them in their business decisions.
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A BUSINESS CONTROLLER?
You advise and inform the board and management on financial consequences, forecasts, and analyses of business decisions and ensure with your optimal financial insight that they can make the right decisions. Together with a team, you are responsible for (panel) purchasing, quality management, HR, and health & safety policy. You are an experienced business controller with your own vision, and you motivate your colleagues and team to continuously improve and maintain the processes. In doing so, you support the organisation in its further growth. Are you the pain in the ass who puts the financial issues on the table, and thereby keeps the rest of the MT team on their toes?
You are responsible for:
• Advice on financial consequences and risks of (proposed) plans and investments.
• Establishing the annual budgets with the Board of Directors and fulfilling an advisory role during the year so that the goals are achieved.
• Periodic reporting on budgets, sales and product development, and quality management. Translating data into useful insights and advice.
• Responsible for (product owner) for ERP system AFAS.
• Playing a role in improving the organisation through continuous optimisation of processes and procedures (finance, ISO, IS, and HR policy).
• Purchasing and agreements with suppliers (panel, fleet, insurances, etc.)
• A team of at least 3 FTE.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
A fun, versatile and challenging job at an innovative and fast-growing market research agency with different offices in Europe. An international organisation where you can add a lot of value. All in a pleasant informal working environment.
• A dynamic and informal working environment
• You work with people who are experts in the profession
• We think health is very important, so you receive a monthly reimbursement for your sports subscription
• A competitive salary and employment conditions
• 27 paid vacation days
• Travel allowance and pension
WHAT DO YOU BRING IN?
• A university or college degree (preferably in business economics)
• 5+ years of experience in a commercial, data-driven environment
• You can express yourself professionally, both verbally and in writing in Dutch and English (German is an advantage)
• Taking it a step further comes naturally
• A high-quality standard
• A high sense of responsibility and ability to act accordingly
• A high sense of leadership and ability to get great outcomes from the team
Interested in this position?