For a leading consulting company for public sector clients including governments, multilateral organisations, academia and NGOs. With our roots in the world’s oldest and best-known social research businesses, we have been partnering with clients across the globe to answer the next generation of public policy challenges for almost ninety years. Today, we work at the intersection of data, technology, and human understanding. Our specialist teams create the evidence required for decision making and advise clients in areas that shape national statistics and longitudinal programmes, public policy design and evaluation, ground-breaking behaviour change programmes, and public opinion trends.
As part of an exciting and fast-paced programme of growth and expansion, we are currently seeking to appoint a Regional Head, Behavioural Insights and Communications Advisory lead for Continental Europe.
In this role, your primary focus will be driving the expansion and successful delivery of Behavioural Insights and Communication activities across nine countries in Continental Europe, making use of global solutions but also by identifying additional opportunities to expand our capabilities. The key aim is to provide our public clients with richer solutions and deeper insights to understand people and build a better society.
As a key member of the regional management team, and as a member of the global leadership team in Behavioural Insights and Communications Advisory, this role will be hands-on in developing and maintaining client relations across the region, developing work, winning proposals, delivering key strategic projects and finding appropriate solutions in the field of Behavioural Insights and Communications, working with the teams in the region, allowing a clear connection between client needs, strategy and outcomes.
Our client has built a global reputation for our ground-breaking work in the field, whether for major behavioural change programmes or our ability to provide advisory to governments, drawing from our proprietary models and tools that guide communications strategies and support the design of effective policy interventions. The role will report into the Regional CEO but have a strong dotted line into the Global Head of Behavioural Insights and Communications to ensure that they are both delivering global best practice and helping to shape future global innovation. This role is also directly connected to a global team of Behavioural Insights and Communications leaders and other regional leads, to develop and collaborate on best of class solutions that can support our ability to diagnose and address social problems around the world.
If this sounds like a match for you, apply now for:
Behavioral Insights and Communications Lead, Continental Europe
• Deliver strategic impact with clients; achieve commercial growth targets for Behavioural and Communications offer
• Expand and develop a best-in-class regional behavioural insights and communications function in line with the global strategy
• Continued innovation of behavioural insights and communications products to help solve the public sector’s biggest problems in the region and globally.
• As part of the wider function, support and collaborate to innovate and deliver global best practice locally
• Develop and implement the regional strategy growth plan for Behavioural Insights and Communications to double the market in 5 years time
• Implement behavioural insights and communications expertise to create and deliver market leading solutions across all of our key offers
• Lead and continue to develop a best-in-class regional Behavioural insights and Communications capability and community in Continental Europe
• Be the acknowledged senior “go-to” person for all aspects of Behavioural insights and Communications solutions within the region
• Client facing – client advisor role, build trust in senior clients in public policy
• Develop and shape new opportunities with clients for Behavioural and Communications research
• Commercially minded with a track record of supporting the delivery of commercial growth
• Behavioural insights and Communications leader with experience of developing and implementing new offers
• Successful track record of business partnering (CEO, Commercial leaders, product, operations, client services) in developing and implementing solutions for the business
• Expertise and education credentials in behavioural sciences and research.
• Experience working and helping tackle public policy challenges into Government and Third Sector organisations via a range of interventions including Communications.
• A strong people and team leader with proven capability to develop and build a Behavioural insights & Communications capability
• A client facing leader, able to showcase our solutions, build relationships and influence/convince clients
• Enjoys building relationships with clients and support client service teams to build and deliver pitches
• Experience working in a fast-evolving matrix organisation
• Makes the complex simple. Able to translate and simplify technical and commercial to ensure understanding and buy-in from respective stakeholder groups
What else do we offer
The diversity of our projects and our open and engaging environment will give you a chance to develop both professionally and personally, surrounded by passionate colleagues. We appreciate the positive atmosphere of collaboration that we have built, where cooperation, flexibility, and mobility are encouraged, and where you will be asked to follow your interests and the learning opportunities that come with them!
We have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear, and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
You will receive a performance-based salary with excellent benefits. We also offer work flexibility, work from home arrangement, and last but not the least, a space for innovative ideas and continuous improvement
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted, and are allowed to flourish in a space where their wellbeing is taken into consideration.
The diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our people, and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. We are committed to inclusion and diversity. We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
Therefore, we encourage applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or any other legally protected characteristics.
If this sounds like a match to you, apply now!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, apply on top via application button or call us at 0(20) 7162747 for more information